First Posted: 1/13/2008
Frank F. Green, 94, a former West Pittston resident, died Thursday, January 10, 2008, in Autumn House East, York, Pa., where he had been a guest for the past several months.
Born in Scranton, he was a son of the late Frank and Ella Kemmerling Green.
He had been employed by the Pennsylvania Power & Light Company at the Stanton Power Plant, Harding, and at its Scranton facility for more than 33 years, retiring in 1975.
He was a member of the First Congregational United Church of Christ, West Pittston, where he had served as an elder and trustee for many years. He had been a member of Valley Lodge 499, F&AM, West Pittston, for more than 50 years and was a member of Keystone Consistory, Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite Masonry, Scranton. He was a member of Irem Shrine, Dallas and was a founding member of the Irem Motor Corps. He was also a member of the Loyal Order of Moose Lodge 1207, West Pittston and was a life member of West Pittston Hose Co.
Frank was preceded in death by his wife of 73 years, Louise E. Marsh Green, who died in 2006; son Robert A. Green; brother Daniel Green; sister Mrs. Elizabeth Gaynor.
He is survived by a son, Donald N. Green, and his wife, Bertha, of York; grandchildren Mrs. Kenneth (Susan) Shanaman, Robert Green and Mrs. Steve (Debbie) Wilcox; great-grandchildren Amy Shanaman, Elijah and Jordan Green and Emma and Robert Wilcox; sister Mrs. Viola Bressler, of Harrisburg; several nieces and nephews.
Funeral was Jan. 12 from the H. Merritt Hughes Funeral Home Inc., 211 Luzerne Ave., West Pittston, with the Rev. Wayne K Shontz, pastor, First Congregational United Church of Christ, West Pittston, officiating. Private interment, Memorial Shrine Cemetery, Carverton, at the convenience of the family.
Memorial donations be made to First Congregational U.C.C. Church, Luzerne Avenue and Washington Street, West Pittston, PA 18643.