First Posted: 9/3/2013
• The Middle School will hold a Back to School Night on Tuesday, Sept. 10. All middle school students and their parents are welcome to attend. The open house for the fifth grade will be held from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. and the open house for grades six through eight will take place from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
The night will begin in the cafeteria with a welcome from Mr. Bilbow, principal, followed by remarks from Mr. Giambra, vice principal. Miss Spigarelli, fifth-grade guidance counselor, and Mrs. Cotter, sixth through eighth grade guidance counselor, will then speak on our school’s academics and PSSA schedule. Finally, Mrs. Linnen, Director of Special Education, will discuss special services at Pittston Area.
Following the meeting in the cafeteria, visitors will have the opportunity to tour our school.
• Back to School Night will be held at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 12. All parents are encouraged to come and meet their child’s teacher.
• School pictures will be taken on Tuesday, Sept. 24 and Wednesday, Sept. 25 at the Intermediate Center. Please look for information in your child’s folder next week.
• Book Fair: The Scholastic Book Fair will be held Sept. 9-13 in the lobby of the Intermediate Center. Please send in money with your child if they wish to purchase books.
• Transportation: Parents are reminded that if your child has a change of transportation, a note needs to be sent into your child’s teacher.
The Pittston Area Primary Center will hold its back to school night for its first-grade students ar 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 11 at the Primary Center. Parents and guardians will be offered the opportunity to meet with their children’s teachers to learn about classroom procedures and school curriculum. Arthur Savokinas, Principal of Primary Center, will discuss school procedures.