First Posted: 4/24/2013
The Pittston Memorial Library on Broad Street announces the following:
* In celebration of Children’s Book, week we will have a “Complete the Story” contest. Children in grade 1-5 are welcome to stop by the library to pick up a story starter. Deadline for submission is May 6. Prizes will be awarded during book week for the winning submissions.
* Summer Reading for KIDS will begin with registration week June 17. Children will get prizes for books read. We will have optional activity days on Tuesday and Wednesday. We will conclude with a dirt party on Aug. 5. The program is fee and open to children in the community entering first through sixth grade. We are looking for volunteers grade 6 and up to help us with book logs. We will have an informational meeting on June 4 at 4 .m.
* CEO Afterschool Meals are free to all children and young adults up to age 21. We will serve dinner from 4 to 5 p.m. on Mondays and Thursdays and snacks from 4 to 5 p.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Everything is free. No registration required, just come and enjoy a meal after school.
* Toddler Story Time with Miss Nicole will be at 10 a.m. on Tuesday and Preschool Story Time with Miss Patricia will be at 2 p.m. on Tuesdayor Wednesday at 2 p.m. Registration is required.
Family Story Time is at 10:30 a.m. on Saturdays and is open to all ages. No registration required
Call the library at 654-9565 or email us at email@example.com to sign up.
* Lego Club will meet at 4 p.m. the second Monday. Registration is not required.
* Crochet Club will meet at 10 a.m. on Tuesdays and at 6 p.m. on Thursdays.
* Kids with Adults Craft Club meets at 6 p.m. on the third Monday of every month. The group is open to children ages 5 to 12. Children can meet other crafters and work together to create fun and innovative crafts. Learn new techniques, recycle household items and make new friends. Call, visit or email us to register.
* Kids Science Club: The first Saturday of every month children in grades 2 – 5 can work on experiments and fun science projects as a group. Learn about the world around you, practice your science skills and learn to reuse household items. Free of charge. Call, visit or email us to register.
* Kids Book Club, Page Turners, is open to kids from third to fifth grade. The book club will meet at 4 p.m. on the first Thursday of each month. Call or email us to register.
* Furry Tails: Come read to specially-trained dogs at 10 a.m. on the second Saturday of each month.