The detour on state Route 315 has been lifted and the roadway is open due to the early completion of the placement of beams for a new bridge on Interstate 81 near Exit 175 in Jenkins Township. PennDOT reported crews completed the job a day ahead of schedule.
Area roadways are reported clear this morning. Drivers in downtown Wilkes-Barre must deal with a detour and street closing around Public Square for the final day of the Fine Arts Fiesta and further work on the River Street Corridor Project.
Due to the Fiesta West Market Street from Public Square to Franklin Street is closed until Monday morning. Motorists are advised that traffic heading south on North Main Street toward the Square is detoured onto Butler Lane, the alley behind the former Martz terminal, to North Washington Street which is one way south.
Roadwork for the Corridor Project will be done between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. on the following schedule:
• Sunday night through Monday morning milling of River Street from North through South streets and temporary pavement markings will be applied
• Monday night through Tuesday morning completion of milling and cleaning, adjusting manholes and performing base repairs to the roadway.
• Tuesday night through Wednesday morning paving
• Wednesday night through Thursday morning paving and permanent pavement markings and temporary crosswalk lines will be applied
• Thursday through June 15 a subcontractor will be installing pavement impressions and permanent hot thermoplastic crosswalk pavement markings on River Street and side roads from North Street through South Street. This work will be performed mainly during daylight hours. Flaggers will be used to control and direct traffic. Traffic delays may be experienced.
All scheduled work is weather dependent and subject to change. The Corridor Project is scheduled to be completed in mid-June.
For up-to-date information, visit the Times Leader’s traffic page.