Greater Pittston voters hit the poles and made their voices heard during the Primary Elections on Tuesday, May 16.
Candidates vied for mayor, supervisor and commissioner as well as seats on councils in the county’s cities, townships and boroughs.
Uncontested races for mayor, council, commissioner and supervisor are not contained in this report. Neither are results for posts such as tax collectors and judges of election, regardless of whether they were contested races.
According to unofficial results, race outcomes as of press time were:
• Council (Democrat – two seats available) – Stanley Waleski and John Boone defeated Jonathan Gedrich.
• Council (Democrat – three seats available) – Stanley Knick Jr., Mark Kowalczyk and Joseph Karkut defeated Marty Kuna.
• Council (Democrat – four seats available) – Jeffrey Bauman, Mike McGlynn, James Gromelski and Justin Tonte defeated Ed Ameika, Stephanie Shupp, Jimmy Balchune and Audrey Roberts Yager.
• Council (Democrat – three seats available) – Joseph Pizano, Richard Murawski and David Balent defeated Rick Turner and Tom Shannon.
• Six-year supervisor (Democrat – one seat available) – Stephen Rinaldi defeated David Kaminski and Joseph Donahue.
• Four-year supervisor (Democrat – one seats available) – David Slezak defeated Joseph Adams Jr. and Frank Sciabacucchi.
• Four-year council (Republican – four seats available) – William Bohn, Ellen Quinn, Barry Hosier and James Butera defeated Judy Alta and Patrick Gilligan.
• Two-year council (Republican – one seat available) – Raymond Judge defeated Patrick Gilligan, William Bohn and Barry Hosier.
• Council (Republican – one seat available) – Michael Baloga defeated Ian Scrobola.
Reach the Sunday Dispatch newsroom at 570-655-1418 or email [email protected]